Travelers Palm is designed as a Green Hotel
Owners Michel & Roxanne receiving the GLEE award
from Jody Smith Williams, vice president of GLEE.
Green materials and techniques were used throughout the construction of the all-new Travelers Palm. The pool is solar-heated, and solar-heated water, with electric back-up, supplies the rooms and laundry. Our tropical garden is irrigated with cistern collected rainwater. We feature energy-conserving lighting and environmentally friendly cleaning products. We invite our guests to participate in our recycling program and water-saving laundry reduction.
More Green Features include:
- 1.6 gallon flush toilets
- Low flow faucets and shower heads
- Landscape watering through our new cistern which catches rainfall
- An extensive system of swales for water retention
- Countertops are made of recycled granite and glass
- High efficiency air conditioning systems
- High efficiency televisions (low energy use)
- Low VOC (volatile organic compound) interior paints
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Ceiling fans throughout the houses
- The houses are built to the Florida windstorm code